Monday, July 27

Crock Pot Macaroni Bake

Pasta...cheese...no cooking required. What's not to love?

This simply delicious side dish fits perfectly in our present whirlwind of activity some might refer to as "life". In my experience, when it rains, it torrential downpours...while blowing the proverbial skirt over my head and whipping my umbrella inside out.

Yes, my friends, my undergarments are shining for the world to see and I'm standing in the rain of life, flashing a smile (among other things).

Sometimes, it's that very smile sending the signal to the rest of the world that I'm okay...I'm not "about to lose it"...and I do, in fact, have everything under control. I got this...with my waterproof mascara!

Enter...crock pot.

Your handy dandy slow cooker is more like a sanity saver in times like these. Best.invention.ever!

Add a little pasta...a lot of cheese...toss in a few green chiles and you have the makings of a "blow your skirt up" dinner side item. (Pun intended.)

Enjoy!

 
Ingredients:
12 oz. elbow macaroni
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 large eggs, beaten
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 can chopped green chiles
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I added mozzarella too.)
 
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain and rinse.
 
Set crock pot to high temperature.
 
In a large mixing bowl, combine 3 cups of cheese and melted butter.
 
Remember the whirlwind life I mentioned earlier? Here's proof, I can't even photograph cheese without being distracted.
Add macaroni, cream, eggs, green chiles, salt, and pepper to cheese and stir. Pour in lightly greased, 6 quart crock pot. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top of mixture.
 
 
Cook on high for 3 hours (with lid on...I forgot it once...don't judge me). Reduce to low and cook for one more hour. Check it after 30 minutes to see how the edges are browning. Each slow cooker is different. I prefer crunchy edges...but I'm weird like that.
 
When you hear the beautiful ring of the timer, taaaddaaaa, dinner is served!
 
 
Disclaimer: This is NOT like your standard ooey gooey mac and cheese...which is why it's intentionally called "Macaroni Bake". We don't want to confuse your senses by serving something more like a casserole and less like pasta in cheese sauce. :-) I promise, no matter the texture, you'll love it! (Click here for your super helpful printable.)

If you're looking for other crock pot winners, check out my beloved Crock Pot Lasagna!





1 comment:

  1. We had this last night with our pork chops and it was so good. Thanks for shring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!