Tuesday, February 10

2014 stretched me!

I read a quote once that changed my life..."A mind that is stretched by new experiences can never go back to its old dimensions." (Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. )

This week marks my one year anniversary in the blogosphere. One whole year, sharing my life...and its beautiful chaos...with you.

Whether you've been with me from the start, or are just tuning in, this blog has exposed me to a multitude of new experiences (and many firsts). Here's a look back...

The journey began with my first post, The Reason I write Letters. It was dedicated to my sweet, letter-writing Memaw and illustrated why a handwritten note is so priceless to me. Thank You Thursday (a campaign designed to inspire people to dedicate one day a week to thank you notes) was born! It's now a recognizable hashtag! #thankyouthursday


I shared my Mom's famous Cricket Cookie recipe, which has become an outright S&S Reader Favorite. I've had more messages and comments related to this recipe than any other. Follow the recipe exactly or branch out and add a few more ingredients, it's still a testimony to the delicious simplicity in life we all seek! 


As I began to get my feet wet, I felt comfortable enough to publicly proclaim my new love of Brussels sprouts (and learned I'd been pronouncing them "brussel sprouts" all these years)! I have since joined a "sprout fanatics" support group.


And let's not forget, one of my finer moments, when I actually posted the phrase "when you're feverishly rolling your balls" while posting three days of Meatball Trifecta recipes. Mmm hmm, it's officially out there for the world to read. I've since joined a "no filter" support group.


I said goodbye to an old friend and you cried with me.


I met a few new ones and you rejoiced with me. 


I became part of the North Texas Farm & Ranch Magazine family as a monthly food columnist, which still seems surreal considering I once googled "How to boil an egg"!


In January, we kicked off Cooking with Courtney classes, which seems even more surreal considering I once added coca-cola to a recipe that called for "soda"!


In the midst of all this stretching, I continued my most important role as Super Hunk's wife and Little Man's Mom.


"A mind that is stretched by new experiences can never go back to its old dimensions." 

2014 has stretched me. It redefined the parameters of my brain. Its opportunities developed me to the point where I will never be able to return to my old dimensions. Glory be to God!

I pray your 2015 is full of experiences that stretch you beyond your comprehension. Thank you for being part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!