Thursday, September 18

Creamy Corn Dip

I dare say, Fall is on its way! Yippee, happy dance (if you could see me, you'd be totally impressed with my mad Running Man skills)!

What says cool weather, scarves, and boots better than FOOTBALL?

In our house, I'm the cheerleader (who asks all the questions that drives Super Hunk to drink). I also have mad pom pom skills but my toe touch needs work! Super Hunk is the die hard pigskin fan so I cater to him by providing food...lots of yummy, football food.

Today, I'm sharing one of our family favs...Creamy Corn Dip. Easy and perfect for any hungry (or "hangry", depending on the game) crowd.


Ingredients:
6 slices of bacon, cooked, cooled, and crumbled
2 cups corn, canned, frozen, or roasted
1/3 cup diced onion
1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
1/3 cup diced green bell pepper (you can also substitute for green chiles)
4 ounces cream cheese
3 tablespoons of milk (or more, depending on thickness)
1 teaspoon honey
2 tablespoons salted butter
Salt & pepper to taste

In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat (you can also use grease from bacon). Add onion, bell peppers, and corn to skillet. Stir until coated and let cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.


Stir in cream cheese and milk until melted. Reduce heat to medium-low (add more milk if too thick).


Drizzle honey and mix until combined (this cuts some of the salty taste).


Sprinkle bacon and stir (reserve some of the crumbles to garnish the top). Add salt and pepper to taste.


Combine with your favorite chip, blue corn is my preference.


Scoop, crunch, and enjoy! I give you permission to skip the chip and go for the spoon!

Score, IT'S GOOOOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!