Sunday, May 18

Cherry Pecan Bread

Super Hunk brought home a loaf of this goodness last year at Christmas. One of his clients is a sweet little old lady with what I can only imagine are hundreds of years of family recipes.

Here at Saucepans & Superheroes, we're friends so I can be candid...I'm not usually a maraschino cherry fan. Having said that, I was a bit skeptical but my LOVE of bread convinced me to try it (remember, I've never met a bread I didn't like).

After one slice...tickle me pink...I had to have this recipe! I recruited Super Hunk, he can be very convincing (his charm knows no limits). Even sweet little old ladies cave when approached by those big blue eyes!

Here's the skinny, hope you enjoy it!
Cherry Pecan Bread
Ingredients:
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter (softened)
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 cup chopped pecans
1 (10 oz) jar maraschino cherries (drained and chopped)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Icing:
Optional
(See instructions and ingredients in my Hot Cross Buns post.)

Chop cherries and pecans, set aside. (Fingers subject to turn blood red!)



In mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and eggs. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, soda, and salt. With mixer on low, slowly alternate adding flour mixture and milk to wet mixture.


Next, add chopped cherries and pecans to dough. All food should be this pretty!


Gently fold until thoroughly mixed. Yes, your dough will turn a slight shade of pink but you won't hear complaints from me.

Pour in your favorite loaf pan, mine happens to be this Le Creuset cutie...I think I'm inspired for another Favorite Things giveaway! Stay tuned...


Bake in 350 degree oven for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.


Slice and top with icing, if desired. Super Hunk prefers it "sans icing" so I refrained. I REALLY love him! Reward yourself for all your baking hard work with TWO slices.


Yum!

4 comments:

  1. Lana aka Melon MamaApril 30, 2014 at 2:58 PM

    I made banana bread this morning but I am SOOOOO making this next. Sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melon Mama, we like it because it's not too sweet! MK will devour it!

      Delete
  2. I bet you could rinse the cherries and drain in a colander after chopping, before adding to the mixture if you don't want the pink color

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!