Monday, January 11

Taco Soup

Many years and a few pant sizes ago, I sat in the kitchen of a very dear friend and inhaled two bowls of this glorious soup. Soup that impacted my life in a big way (not to mention, the company).

You see, it was a time in my life that included wine and cheese for dinner (with a bowl of Cap n' Crunch chaser). Cooking was Figi to me...a thing I'd heard about but only dreamt of experiencing for myself.

Thank goodness for friends that can cook!

The original recipe, in my sweet friend's handwriting. Using this card makes me smile every time I prepare it!
This is absolutely the easiest pot of goodness you'll ever make and will consistently result in a family ready for seconds!


1 lb. ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
2 cans (16 oz.) mexi-style chili beans, with juice
(Original recipe calls for 3 cans so use the amount you prefer.)
1 can (16 oz.) can whole kernel corn, with juice
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1 can (4.5 oz.) chopped green chiles
1 1/2 cups water
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 package ranch salad dressing mix

In medium stockpot, cook ground beef and onion until meat is cooked thoroughly. Drain any excess liquid. Add  the next five ingredients to the pot, bring to a boil. Stir in taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix (which is the secret to this deliciousness) until combined. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes.

Top with grated cheese...or a half-eaten slice from your little sticky man. Muchas gracias!


You could also opt for a dollop of daisy or even a few avocado slices. The world is your oyster...err, taco!

To add a little extra bing bang to your bowl of BOOM (I seriously crack myself up), tomorrow I'll be posting a to-die-for Sweet Corn Cake recipe that makes for the perfect pairing.


Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!