Tuesday, May 5

Cinco de Mayo Salsa

The only true way to celebrate the 5th of May is by consuming large amounts of salsa (and sopapillas, but my unhealthy addiction to carbs is a completely different post).

Am I right?

I've posted my favorite salsa recipe before but this little gem is a close second. It's so delicious, I might be able to serve it with Super Hunky Tacos and convince the boys to join me in wearing sombreros.

Chances are slim but I'll keep you posted!

Enjoy!


Ingredients:
1/2 cup whole kernel corn
1/2 cup black beans
1 can chopped green chiles
1 can fire roasted tomatoes, diced
1/8 cup water
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1/2 teaspoon lime juice
Dash of paprika
Dash of cayenne pepper
Salt & black pepper to taste

Slowly pulse tomatoes in food processor until chunks are slightly blended. Add to medium mixing bowl with corn, beans, and green chiles. Stir.


Add spices and continue stirring until thoroughly mixed.


Lastly, add lime juice and mix.


Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving. Combine with your favorite chips and dig in!


Yes, to say Little Man LOVES this is a gross understatement. In fact, this is him saying "Lord, please let Mommy stop photographing so I can EAT!


Because I love it so very much!"


I'll have a hamburger on Cinco de Mayo, said no Juan ever! HA!

Have a wonderful 5th of May, from our family (hopefully, wearing sombreros) to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!