Monday, June 2

Flip Flops, Laughter & Lizards

I apologize for not posting the last few days...I've missed you! 

We had a mini-reunion with the Super Hunky Crew and three days flew by. I soaked up every moment with three of the five nieces, my super hunky brother-in-law, and my disgustingly adorable sister-in-law. My father-in-law scooted on up from South Texas to join us and Super Hunk's great aunt and uncle hosted. Whoosh, three generations of beautiful genetics...be still my heart!

Little Man was giddy over his "gurl gurls" cousins (as he calls them). I too enjoyed my time with pink flip flops, Hello Kitty, and ponytails. Don't get me wrong, these girls embrace the occasional lizard (figuratively, not literally) but I was temporarily transported to a land of smell good and softies.

Here's a few of my favorite moments.

A sweet photo that screams SUMMER! I think Little Man was sword-fighting with a fishing pole at this very moment.


Yep, that's more like it!

This just makes me happy...on so many levels. To be that carefree again, such a beautiful lesson to rejoice in every moment.

Brothers, enjoying a break in the shade...notice the matching shoes. No, they don't shop together but share the same love of slip-ons!

This photo needs no caption but perfectly illustrates the "gurl gurls" personalities. This is how I feel about chocolate...and clearance racks!

Little Man thinks he's running the show and Super Hunk was there in a supervisory capacity. In reality, those sandy blonde curls are calling the shots (in the most adorably subtle way).

Our visits are never long enough and a tear (or two) always falls when it's over. I anxiously await our next embrace and remind myself to cherish every moment of flip flops, laughter, and lizards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!