Saturday, May 24

Cabbage, Carrot & Almond Slaw w/Honey

Super Hunk and I have more things growing in the garden than we can count, I think we were a bit overzealous with the seeds this year. We've already had three cuttings of arugula, green leaf lettuce, spinach, and cilantro...we're actually giving it away. Hey garden, slow your grow!

This was the first year we planted cabbage, I'm a huge fan from way back! Raw or cooked, I don't discriminate. The smell of it cooking doesn't even bother me...hey, don't look at me in that tone of voice...this is a judgement free zone!

Here's a picture from our garden this morning. No need to adjust your screen, they really ARE ginormous!
Apparently, there's a critter that shares my fondness and has been feasting. Off with his head!

Today, since my cabbage are out of control and (coincidentally) I noticed the local grocery store had it on sale, I'm sharing my favorite cabbage recipe with you. I know, right? You can hardly contain your excitement! Enjoy and have wonderful holiday weekend (taking a moment to remember each person in uniform)!

Cabbage, Carrot & Almond Slaw w/Honey
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil                        
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar                        
1 tablespoon honey                        
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard                        
Salt                        
2 carrots, grated                        
1 head cabbage, shredded                        
3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted

In a salad bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Add the carrots, cabbage and almonds and toss to combine. 

Perfect for you Memorial Day BBQ! 

(Recipe from Rachael Ray)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!