Saturday, April 12

Blackberry Cream Cheese Crescents

Holy habanero!

I just realized this is the first recipe I've posted all week! What has happened in the universe?

On behalf of all things yummy, I apologize! I will schedule a more balanced weekly post in the future.

Super Hunk and Little Man were out the door early this morning, the cows were calling (figuratively and possibly literally). Mmmooooooooooooo!

I needed a breakfast I could pack, unsure if they'd take a moment to sit and inhale or eat on the go. While I enjoy the standard turnover with fruit preserves, I thought I'd mix things up a bit. Yep, I might even wear white shorts before Easter...I'm a rebel!

Here's the quick and easy recipe.


Blackberry Cream Cheese Crescents
Ingredients
1 tube of crescent rolls
1/2 block of cream cheese (softened)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup berries (I used blackberries)
powdered sugar for sprinkling

Directions
Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Mix together cream cheese, sugar, and cinnamon.


Slightly chop berries and add to cream cheese mixture. I love the purple hue, food is better when it's pretty!


Roll out crescents on baking sheet. Add tablespoon of cheese/berry mixture to middle and fold over.


Bake in oven for 11-13 minutes (I prefer a little crunch to my crescents so I go the full 13...rebel with a crunchy cause).


Let cool for 5 minutes and sprinkle with powdered sugar.


Yum...I challenge you to eat ONLY one!


If you enjoyed this, caring is sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!