Thursday, February 27

Bargains make me pleased as punch!

(photo from

I'm a bargain shopper from way back. In fact, I'm from a long (really long) line of bargain shoppers! I'm talking, hineys in the air....fully committed to dig through that clearance bin...bargain shoppers.

Most bargain shoppers go through the couponing phase. I never had a binder, but don't let that fool you...I was serious with a pair of scissors!

While I still appreciate the value of a good coupon, I obsess less. Yes, I realized it had become an obsession when I considered digging through a dumpster for circulars.

Notice I said "considered"!

The Queen of Bargains (my Mom, who is also the Grammar Queen...she is multi-fabulous) called one day and told me she had been to a new grocery store in her area. Aldi had just moved to our area as well so I was anxious to try it.

My first trip, I left with two weeks of groceries for $130! Needless to say, The bargain lover in me was pleased as punch (I love punch).

I won't deceive you, it's a BASIC store and their products aren't always consistent. On a regular day, they have 75% of my grocery list. I love paying $1.19 for a dozen eggs, so I'll go to The Wal-Marts (aka: Wal-Mart) for the other 25%.

For instance, I stopped for a few items while in town the other day.

I purchased a gallon of milk, six roma tomatoes, 3 bell peppers, jicama, and a chocolate treat for $5.24! You heard me, $5.24 (and the chocolate treat was a gift...sweet score)!

This is not an advertisement for Aldi. It is, however, a public service announcement! I would want you to share the same kind of bargain with me, it's what friends do! Right?

Thank you for letting me share, I hope you'll become an Aldi fan (just not on Saturdays, it's madness in there)!

Here's to bargain shoppers everywhere!!

Visit their website to find an Aldi near you (don't forget to check out their sale circular).


  1. Don't forget to take your own bags and a quarter for a cart (you get it back when you return it). And they carry a large assortment of cheeses at super prices that make great impromptu hors d'oeuvres!

    1. I love that you have impromptu hors d'oeuvres on hand! Always so prepared to be the hostess with the mostest! :-)

  2. I am a great fan of your mom's impromptu hors d'oeurves! She opens the refrigerator and they come out of nowhere!
    I, too, have become somewhat coupon weary. Time constraints kill my clipping marathons! I still love to find the rare Pedigree dog food coupon, though!

    1. I'm starting to think Mom's hors d'oeuvres should have their own post! :-)


Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!