Thursday, June 4

Handsome Peanut Butter Pie

A great many things can be solved with kindness, even more with laughter, but there are just some occasions that require PIE!

Father's Day is rapidly approaching and I know you're planning a multitude of festivities. Well, what better way to say "I love you this much" than a big ol' peanut butter pie?!

I believe in this pie, I support this pie, I've vowed to live out my days with Super Hunk, Little Man...and this pie. (How many times can I type the word "pie"?)

Give it a try. It's simple, delicious, and the dessert featured in the June issue of North Texas Farm & Ranch Magazine (which automatically elevates it to star status).

Serve it up, hug it out, and high five all the super duper dads in your world.


Handsome Peanut Butter Pie
1 graham cracker crust
1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups cold milk (cut in half)
4 oz. (1/2 block) cream cheese
1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups whipped topping
1 tablespoon Nutella
1/3 cup milk chocolate chips, chopped

In small mixing bowl, whisk chocolate pudding mix with 1 cup of milk. Add nutella and mix thoroughly (it will be thick).
 
Pour in bottom of crust. (I used a disposable pie plate because we are planning a backyard bash. Besides all the regular "outdoor dining" challenges, I didn't want to add mangled pie dish to my list. And, let's face it, Dad prefers functional over frilly.)
 
In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining milk together. Slowly add vanilla pudding mix, peanut butter, then 1 cup of whipped topping until combined.
 
Layer on top of chocolate mixture in pan (reserving about 3 tablespoons for top).
 
Spread remaining whipped topping as third layer.
 
Place reserved peanut butter filling in piping bag or Ziploc bag with corner trimmed. Squeeze small drops to dot top of pie.
 
Sprinkle with chopped chocolate chips.
 
Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving.
 
Words of wisdom: Today's pie for tomorrow's breakfast is a beautiful thing...err, handsome! :-)
Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!