Tuesday, November 18

Knitting For A Cause

Since it's the season for giving, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite charities with you...my wonderfully caring readers.

Today, I want to introduce you to a cause very close to my heart. Knit A Square (KASCare) was founded in 2008 with the purpose of providing knitted and crocheted blankets (and other items, such as hats) to orphans in South Africa.


I was initially drawn to this because Super Hunk and I embarked on a mission trip to Africa in 2010 to work with the country's orphans and currently sponsor our own little boy. As a knitter (thanks to my lovely, Aunt Linda), this organization immediately spoke to my heart. How can I not participate? How can I not do my part? How can I sleep at night, in my warm bed, knowing there's children freezing with nothing to keep them warm?

So I researched. What can I do?

Knit a square? It can't be that easy!

Yep, an 8"x8" square...simple as that. Knit...mail...done!

Once received, the squares are stitched together by KAS volunteers and distributed to local orphans. Can you imagine? A tiny square, created in minutes, can be the only love some of those children will ever know.
Squares come from all over the world.

If you knit or crochet, I encourage you to visit the KAS website for more information. Read the FAQ page and watch the videos. I promise, it will melt your heart. Consider this for your ladies group, a project for your kids, whatever you heart desires.

Blankets being distributed by KAS Founder & Volunteers.

Let's join together to make the world a little warmer. I'm off to knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!