Saturday, March 1

Blackberry Cobbler



The word "cobbler" brings to mind two of my favorite things, shoes and dessert. Not necessarily in that order!

Today, let's talk about dessert. Tomorrow, let's talk about shoes. Deal?

I have an undeniable weakness for cobbler. Cobbler made with biscuit mix, cobbler made with pie crust, cake cobbler, fruit crumble cobbler...ANY KIND OF COBBLER!

I need help! Cobbler shock therapy, maybe?

This recipe is a cake cobbler and one of my favorites. The cake isn't too sweet, the berries are truly the star of the dish. Well, next to the mound of whipped cream I generously apply! Cobbler without whipped cream is a travesty!

Blackberry Cobbler

1 stick (1/2 cup) butter

1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup milk
2 cups blackberries (frozen or fresh)


(I was in a cobbler-induced frenzy and failed to take step-by-step photos. Tragic! You can do it, I believe in you!)

Melt butter in a microwavable dish. Pour 1 cup of sugar and flour into a mixing bowl, whisking in milk. Mix well. Then, pour in melted butter and whisk it all together. Butter a baking dish.
Now rinse and pat dry the blackberries. Pour the batter into the buttered baking dish. Sprinkle blackberries over the top of the batter; distributing evenly. Sprinkle remaining sugar over top (I don't use the entire 1/4 cup but go crazy, I give you permission).


Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until golden and bubbly. If you desire, sprinkle an additional teaspoon of sugar over the cobbler 10 minutes before it’s done. Top with mounds of whipped cream, if you're a sucker like me!
May you peacefully fall into a cobbler-induced nap...dreaming of shoes!


(Original recipe from The Pioneer Woman)







2 comments:

  1. Lee makes this one in his cowboy dutch oven! We love it! We like to add a can of peaches. It tastes oh so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhhh, peaches! I'll have to try it, sounds YUM!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!