Tuesday, December 23

Beautifully wrapped presents, have no fear!

I'm left speechless...and that RARELY happens.

My toddler could care less about the beautifully wrapped packages under the tree.

I know, it seems like a silly conundrum. You're thinking "hush, whiner"! But I'm serious...what is wrong with this picture?

Last year, he was oblivious but I assumed it was because he was too busy crawling and his concentration skills are stellar.

However, this year I spent DAYS fretting..."Do I wrap them now? Do I risk putting them under the tree and my lovely paper being prematurely torn to shreds? I think I'll risk it. No, I'll refrain. Oh good grief, just go for it and commit to the constant stream of reprimand that will follow." (I know, it's a scary glimpse inside my head.)

Then it happened, he spotted them...and kept walking. So anti-climactic.

Hmmmmmmm...

My Mom says it's because he's not meddlesome (which he's not) but isn't every child equipped with the "package, kill" feature?

Maybe my concern is not for his flippant response but for the many hours I spent trying to plot a course of action. My carefully thought out plan on how to prevent present disaster was null and void!

The moral of this story...don't sweat the small stuff. Most of the things we overthink usually never happens and we end up feeling like a boob with a master plan to Nowhereland!

Disclaimer: If I had attached a Hotwheels car to every package, this would be a completely different post.

Merry Christmas, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!