Wednesday, December 24

Peppermint Goodies


Merry Christmas, from my gang to yours!

I'm sending my sincere greetings in the form of peppermint...sugar...and butter. Yes, I truly love you!

I do a lot of baking over the holidays. Gifts are nice but treats are better...at least that's my mantra. I usually do pans and pans (and pans) of cinnamon rolls but this year I wanted to add something a little more merry.

These little gems were inspired by my dear friend (and S&S Guest Contributor), Lana. She is crazy about all things peppermint this time of year. She's also a cookie fanatic (one of the many reasons I love her). Thus, Peppermint Goodies were born.

They were so delicious, she fully endorsed them as "blog-worthy". I hope you enjoy them as well.


12 candy canes
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 eggs
1 cup white chocolate morsels
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 container vanilla icing (or you can make your own)
3 tablespoons water

Preheat oven at 375 degrees.

In ziploc bag, crush candy canes until small pieces appear. Take a deep breathe and enjoy the free pass to take out your aggressions.

Sift to separate powder from larger pieces. Set both aside.


In medium mixing bowl, add flour and baking soda and stir until blended. Pour in candy cane powder, about 1/2 cup, (the larger pieces will be used to sprinkle on top) and mix.


In separate large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. Blend in eggs. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Slowly, stir in morsels.


Drop tablespoons of dough onto baking sheet.

Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.


While cookies are cooling, heat icing in microwave for a few seconds until it's able to drizzle over cookies.


Generously drizzle, making a huge mess!


Top with peppermint pieces, the perfect accessory.


Tada, a festive treat for peppermint lovers everywhere!

Merry Christmas, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!