Thursday, March 13

A tattered grocery sack!

This, my friends, is a perfect illustration of my day...a tattered grocery sack.



After a haphazard morning of being busy but accomplishing nothing, I headed to the shower (with the idea it would somehow wash away the chaos...silly me). Forgetting I had washed the towels (I was being so productive...but never put them in the dryer), I splashed my cold wet self across the bathroom floor...leaving a substantial body of water in my wake.

Next step, attempting to beautify my face...taking a shot at making myself look twenty (or at least, a rested thirty).  Brushing the bangs (I've been meaning to trim) away from my face, I unwittingly smudged eyeshadow along my forehead (Survivor style). Does your eyeshadow explode in 1,000 tiny pieces when you travel? Mine explodes in a fine dust that invariably coats my fingers every morning...you'd think I'd learn!

Applying mascara was a debacle, unless you're supposed to wear it under your eyebrow. If so, then my application was a success...and I'm trendsetting! Warning, blinking while applying is detrimental to the rest of your face.

These series of events convinced me I was simply not anointed to wear makeup...it was like putting lipstick on a pig. I'm certain the pig would've looked better!

Remember the body of water on the floor? Ouch!

A morning like this, what is one to do? Take a toddler grocery shopping! Genius!

I'll spare you the details of that outing but let's just say I may or may not have said "Here, suck on a lime"! I'll save those particulars for another day!

To finish off a seemingly daunting day, I unloaded the car and the last bag of groceries. The photo above illustrates my success. I now realize why paper is used to write on, not carry cans!

There you have it! "Lord, if this day was a test, I'm pretty sure I failed!"

So thankful I get a do over tomorrow! Can you come apply my makeup? I can't be trusted!

2 comments:

  1. Not only do you have all the makings for a country western song, you just solved the long standing debate between paper or plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She forgot to add in that she spent hours helping her very technologically challenged sister in law get set up with social media. Actually it was more her doing it for me, I am just taking the credit and looking good! I am blessed beyond words to have this amazing, beautiful woman in my life! No make up needed my dear!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!