Friday, March 14

Chicken Basil Pesto Pasta

This is a McEwen favorite and I promise, it will be yours too!.

I was first introduced to this marvelous mingling by my sweet friend, Natalie. A few of my "Lordy, Lordy" recipes have come from her...she's that kind of pal! I spent many hours sitting in her kitchen, anticipating the loveliness that would emerge from her stove! That girl has mad cooking skills!

I've eaten this dish so many times with the intention of burning myself out. Nope, never happens...joke is on me!

It's a perfect "throw it all together after a busy day at work" recipe, we all need a few of those in our arsenal!


Chicken Basil Pesto Pasta
1 large red bell pepper, cut into large pieces (you can also use a jar of roasted red peppers)
2 small cans of sliced black olives
1 jar basil pesto
3/4 box bowtie pasta (Farfalle)
2 chicken breasts (add more if you like, you can also use a rotisserie)
2 tablespoons olive oil
Grated parmesan cheese

Boil pasta, drain and rinse. Set aside.

In a large pan, heat oil and add pieces of red bell pepper. Cook until skin is slightly roasted on medium heat.


Reduce heat to medium-low and add olives to pan.


Then add chicken to pan.


Stir until mixed well.


Add pasta and mix well.


Add jar of basil pesto and mix until noodles are coated (make sure you smear it all over the sides of the pan, like me...no Photoshop here, this is real messy life).


Simmer on low for 10-15 minutes until warm.


Top with grated parmesan cheese and prepare for a party in your mouth...you've been warned!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!