Thursday, May 28

Italian Broccoli Pasta

I'm a sucker for all things P-A-S-T-A.  While my waistline can't handle it on a regular basis, I say "everything in moderation". Where's my Kit Kat? Just kidding (maybe).

Most of my beloved pasta dishes are served warm. With a summer heat wave around the corner, I can't imagine sucking down a steaming pile of spaghetti. To satisfy my craving (and keep from spontaneously combusting), I whipped up the following solution to my hankering.

It's so deliciously easy, I think I'll give myself an early release from the kitchen tonight. I almost feel guilty.

I said "almost".


2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
10 ounces bowtie pasta (Farfalle)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/8 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic salt
2 tablespoons dry Italian salad dressing mix
1/2 cup diced mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup pepperoni, sliced in strips
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered

Boil pasta according to package directions. Once cooked, drain and toss with one tablespoon of olive oil.


Pour in large mixing bowl and add broccoli, sliced pepperoni, tomatoes, and parsley. Take a moment to appreciate the beauty of this bowl...ahhhhhhh.


Whisk remaining olive oil with Italian dressing mix. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle salt and stir. Next comes my favorite part, mozz-a-rella.

 
Say cheese!
 

Mix it all up and refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.

Reserve a few pepperoni slices and a little fresh parsley for garnish and you have an entire meal in one bowl. Easy, breezy, beautiful summer meal!

 
(Tip: For leftovers, you may need to toss with a little extra oil to give it new life. The cold pasta can soak up all the original goodness...oil hog!)

Now grab a fork and enjoy!

 
(The first time my toddler had this dish, he actually said "Mmmmm, good broccoli". Yep, that's quite an endorsement!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!