Thursday, April 9

Strawberry Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Little Man's new favorite morning pastime is making "cancakes". I want him to grow up being comfortable in the kitchen but if I have to eat another pancake, I might go flapjack cRaZy!

In order to prevent said meltdown, I've been trying a variety of new recipes to keep things interesting. I consider it my quest to find the perfect pancake.

Alert the media!

Sound the horns!

I found it!

The Food Network has done it again. This, my friends, is the best...fluffiest...pancake I've ever put in my big ol', carb-loving mouth!

Just in time for your weekend, I hope you enjoy!


Strawberry Chocolate Chip Pancakes
(Original recipe from Food Network)
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg yolk
3 egg whites
1 1/4 cups whole milk
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate chips
Fresh strawberries, rinsed and quartered

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg yolk, melted butter, and vanilla until combined.

Set aside and in a small bowl, with mixer on medium-high speed, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form (about 2 minutes).

Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir until well combined, it's okay if there's a few lumps. Stir in 1/3 of the beaten egg whites and chocolate chips, then gently fold in the rest of the egg whites until just combined (do not overmix).

Heat skillet over medium-low heat and lightly brush with butter. Pour batter for pancakes and let cook until bubbles form. Flip and cook until lightly golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.

Top with strawberries and extra chocolate chips...heavenly!


Even deconstructed for a toddler, they scream "I'm ready for my close up"!

"There is hardship in everything, except eating pancakes." ~ Charles Spurgeon

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! Breakfast is dinner Saturday and this may have to be on the menu ��

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!