Friday, February 6

The Pitiful Pancake

I love to give gifts...and you reap what you sow. Therefore, I'm surrounded by gift-givers...loving, generous, thoughtful gift-givers.
 
One of them happens to be my oldest friend, Bee...or "Aunt Bee", as we like to call her. We've been connected at the hip since we were twelve, talking on our swatch phones, jamming to my pink radio, and tight-rolling our jeans (my feet are still numb).
 
She sends packages you can't wait to open because you're sure a monkey with a tiara will jump out, playing the accordion, and holding a "you're super sparkly" sign. Giving is literally her spiritual gift...when God created her, he ran her through that line twice!
 
She recently snagged these pancake rings for Little Man and, once again, "High five, Aunt Bee"!
 
 
Anxious to see Little Man's face over breakfast, I whipped up a batch of his favorite Cinnamon Pecan Pancake batter...spritzed a little cooking spray...and began creating breakfast magic. I was so confident, I automatically crowned myself "Super Mom"!
 
Then, this happened...

 
Attempt #1: Super fail! Crucial aircraft malfunction and major automobile collision. My tiara is tarnishing.
 
 
Attempt #2: A little better. Aircraft still in flight and only minor body work repairs for the automobile. The villagers are getting restless and if I don't feed them soon, there might be a riot!

 
Attempt #3: Third time is a charm (and a little well done)! I may not be Super Mom but I'm determined to not be defeated by a pitiful little pancake!

 
The moral of this story...if at first you don't succeed, it doesn't matter. Keep trying, tasty treats are still delicious...no matter what they look like. And a boy can spot a misshapen airplane a mile away! 
 
Thank you, Aunt Bee, for another fun gift...my pancakes are pitiful no more! (To purchase a set of your own, click here for ordering details.)
 
PS. If you need a trusty, yummy pancake recipe...this is our family favorite. Enjoy!
 
Cinnamon Pecan Pancakes
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
 
Mix it all in medium bowl, pour it on a hot skillet (or griddle), flip, and tada...breakfast is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!