Wednesday, November 26

Graham Cracker Pralines

There are many definitions of a "good friend". One who rejoices in your successes, pours you wine with your failures, and brings you the Southern Living Incredible Cookies book as a quiet time read.

Yes sir, that's a calorie lovin' good friend. My bathroom scale and I love her!

My sugar induced reading coma led me to this little gem of a recipe. Easy...fast...and superbly delicious!

If you're a last minute planner, this would be a great take along treat for your Thanksgiving festivities.


Ingredients:
12 graham crackers (honey, cinnamon or chocolate)
1 1/4 cups margarine (this makes a better syrup than butter)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
Optional: I added a few mini chocolate chips to sprinkle on top.

Break graham crackers in half and place on lined baking sheet with rim.


In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter. Add sugar and bring to a boil, constantly stirring until sugar is melted. Add pecans to mixture. Pour evenly over graham crackers and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, if desired.


Yes, I know. It looks like a soupy buttery mess. But I promise, it will result in something divine!

Here's a close up so you can fully appreciate the beautiful mingling of flavors. Am I the only one who appreciates a lovely culinary close up?


Bake in 300 degree oven for 12 minutes. 

Now for the most important part, let cool on rack for 30 min. It can be done, your willpower is great! Caution: They'll be an ooey gooey mess so my advice is to put a piece of wax paper under your rack. 20 minutes of scrubbing the countertop is time I'll never get back.

After completely cooled (pardon my lack of photo, I was too excited), dig in! Your mouth is ready for the taste of pralines, the texture of a cookie, and none of the dental work!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!