Monday, October 6

Grilled Steak & Sweet Potato Skewers

We recently had a whirlwind, Tasmanian devil kind of day (more than normal). Earlier that morning, I had set out a few filets to thaw with the intention of relaxing on the patio while Super Hunk served up some supper.

A girl can dream, can't she?

Since the steaks were beckoning, we were hours behind my initial dinner schedule, and there was no time to bake the sweet potatoes (I have a strong aversion to microwaved potatoes...microwaved anything for that matter), I improvised!

Our entire dinner, right there on a neat little stick. In my world, every type of food is better on a stick (hello, fried snickers)! It's a yummy, fun-filled, ferris wheel kind of world.

This is a classic case of pulverizing lemons to make delicious, mouth-watering lemonade. I hope you'll give it a try the next time your day is harried!


Ingredients:
2 (8 oz.) beef filets (or your preferred hunk o'meat), cut into cubes
2 medium sweet potatoes, sliced & diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons steak seasoning

Once meat is trimmed and cut into cubes, place in shallow dish and cover with Worcestershire sauce. Toss to coat (feel free to use more or less, depending on your preference). Be sure get it all over the counter, like I did!


Next, sprinkle meat with steak seasoning. Toss to coat (I was apparently "shaking my money maker" when I took this photo. I apologize for the blur). Cover and place in fridge while you prepare remaining ingredients.


When sweet potatoes are sliced and cut into quarter-sized pieces (large enough to skewer), place in microwave safe bowl and cook for about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes on high (I recognize the contradiction to my above statement...but I see no other way). Long enough to soften the pieces but not fully cook (the grill will finish the job).


After your bell pepper is cut into pieces (and you spend an awkward amount of time fishing to remove any rogue seeds), remove meat from fridge and start skewering!


There's no rhyme or reason (unless you're OCD), a little of this...a little of that.


Once skewers are assembled and grill is ready, deliver them to the fire! Eeeek, sounds medieval!


A few minutes on each side (I prefer a slightly charred flavor), remove and serve.


I promise, you won't be disappointed (unless the skewer is still hot and you were a little over anxious, like me...ouch)!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!