Tuesday, August 5

Squash & Mushroom Pizza

If you're reading this post, the title alone has you puzzled...intrigued.

Squash? On pizza?

In our house, this is a little thing called a "Courtney Concoction" (all credit goes to Super Hunk for the catchy title). There are evenings where I stand in the kitchen, scratch my head (while stepping on a car), and wonder what I can throw together for dinner.

As I've mentioned, the garden is producing more than we can eat. It seems as if just when I catch my breath, it spits out a whole new crop. Right now, it's zucchini (my dear friend has also been sharing her yellow squash bounty) and I'm running out of ideas.

Because we can't go one week without homemade pizza, I whipped up this Courtney Concoction.


Much to our surprise...it was so down-right-dad-gum-delicious!

Concoction:
1 pizza crust (I use PW's recipe, it's by far the best. Caution: it makes two crusts.)
2 tablespoons basil pesto
1/3 alfredo sauce
Mozzarella cheese, grated
Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup sliced white mushrooms
1/2 zucchini, sliced thin
1/2 yellow squash, sliced thin

Roll out dough on floured surface to your desired thickness. Transfer to baking sheet. Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Mix alfredo sauce and pesto until blended. Pour over pizza crust and spread to cover.

Top with 1/2 the amount of grated cheese. I left the measurement of cheese off because who am I to tell you how much cheese to use? Go crazy, add a little more...nobody is watching!

Top with mushrooms, zucchini, and yellow squash slices.

Top with remaining mozzarella and parmesan.

Bake for 10-12 minutes until done to your liking.


I promise, this pizza pie will be a new family favorite! Excuse me...I can't stand it anymore, I must have a bite!

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!