Tuesday, August 26

Blueberry Yogurt Bites

This is a fun twist on my original Frozen Yogurt Bites post. I hit the blueberry jackpot at Aldi during my last visit, pints for $.99 each! Needless to say, I bought five. Maybe I was a bit overzealous as I'm now seeing blue in my sleep. I keep thinking Little Man and Super Hunk will tire of blueberry EVERYTHING but they don't seem fazed.

Running out of ideas (and one pint that was almost compost worthy), I had a brain fart (pardon the explicative..."toot"). I love it when epiphanies turn out delicious.


Ingredients:
Yogurt of choice (I used vanilla and strawberry)
Blueberries (fresh)
Skewer (for dipping)


Rinse and drain blueberries.


Pour yogurt in small bowl (spice things up and use a variety of yogurts).


Skewer individual blueberry (I attempted to dip a couple at a time but it was a small disaster...pun intended). I won't lie, this part is time consuming but you can get a jump start on your Christmas card list (or recite every line of Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail...or is that just me).
 
"What is your name? What is your quest? What is your favorite color?"


Here goes nothing!
 
"You've got two empty halves of coconut and you're banging them together!"


Dip and spin (sounds like an 80's dance move) until all sides of blueberry are covered.
 
"We are now no longer the Knights who say Ni."


Place on baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.

"Brave Sir Robin ran away...bravely ran away away. When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled."


Continue until pan is full (don't get weary, the reward is definitely worth the effort). Freeze for about an hour until yogurt is no longer sticky. (Oh no, I spy one with a stem! Excuse me while I make a freezer extraction.)

"The Castle of Auuuugggghhhhh."

Cold, creamy, and delicious...and the makings of a yummy sunny day snack. Enjoy!

(I'm off to watch some mediocre British cinema...with my tiny creations.)
 
 

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!