Friday, March 7

Fill me up, Buttercup!

A few of you have inquired about my cookie jar, who first made her debut in my Cricket Cookies post. My intention has always been to have a cookie jar full of homemade treats for Little Man, as he grows up (I'm apologizing, in advance, to his future wife!). However, I could never find the perfect jar. If it's living on my kitchen counter, it can't be a teddy bear.

So, I decided to craft my own. Yay, a reason to peruse Pinterest (as if you need a reason)!

From recycled pickle jars to spaghetti sauce jars, the possibilities are endless! Here are a few of my inspirations.


(Spaghetti Sauce jars with label removed.)

(Pickle jars with labels removed and lids painted.)

(Ball canning jars)

As you can see, it's pretty simple! I should note, make sure to examine the knob attachment when purchasing. The one I selected had a post with a nut bolt so it was easy to tighten. Some knobs have a post and the knob screws on the end. If you select this type, here is a pointer on how to attach to your lid.


Use a plastic soda bottle lid and drill a hole the same size as your lid. Insert the post from the bottom and screw knob on end. You can tell I'm a female, these terms are far from accurate! You get the idea!


The jar idea is adorable and I've used it for many other storage items. However, I needed something larger for cookies. I found the glass container and knob at Hobby Lobby for under $10! Woo hoo! Super Hunk drilled a hole in the lid, attached the knob and voila! "Buttercup" was born!


I can see the puzzled look on your face. "Why Buttercup"? Every time I fill her up, I sing "Fill me up...buttercup...baby". I know, I know, those aren't the correct lyrics but...for the sake of this post...I like my version better!

Be inspired! Until we craft again...

(Images from Pinterest...except for Buttercup)

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss our designated "Pinterest" days.... And that cookie jar, spot on, sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The card making....those were good times! That would've been a perfect blog post!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!