Monday, February 24

"Honey, you're gonna make it!"

Today, I lost my chiropractic virginity!


That sounds naughty so let me rephrase...


Today, I had my first official Chiropractor appointment.


Snap...crack...pop (I'm suddenly hungry for cereal).


After a few moments of medical history and examination, I was diagnosed with "Mommy-itis"! Apparently, hauling and hoisting a 35 pound toddler is tough on an old lady's back! Who knew?


While discussing this brut of a toddler, my Chiropractor shared about her two boys. She was sympathetic to my "Mommy-itis"! In fact, she told me the following story.


"One morning, in an attempt to fly out of the house and get to church on time, my youngest son vomited on me. Not just on me, all down the front of me...and him. After a whirlwind change of clothes, I arrived at the Church Nursery. The sweet little old Southern lady, standing behind the counter said "Darlin', are you alright?"  I explained the prior vomit situation and she must've sensed my frazzled state. She responded with this piece of wisdom, "Honey, you're gonna make it! You may not look like much when you get there...but you're gonna make it!"


I will forever cherish this piece of wisdom on those screwball days when I feel schizo.


I will hold it close...as a ray of hope...a beacon of light...that I'm gonna make it!


But more importantly, you're going to make it too...looking just as disheveled as me!


"Honey, you're gonna make it!"


(Now I need to invent something fashionable for an ice pack on the move. Who has time to sit and ice for 20 minutes?)

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!