Friday, November 13

Foodie Friday ~ Catered!

Cater: (verb) - to provide, help.

By the general definition above, I would say "catering" is a huge part of my day-to-day life.

By the culinary interpretation, I would say "catering" is as familiar to me as straddling a camel saddle while on a trek through the Sahara.

Yep, pretty foreign...and I'm guessing, pretty uncomfortable.

However, when Fancy Nancy requested my services for a recent dinner party she was hosting, I instantly agreed.

Hey, crazy...where's your meds?!

Hindsight is always 20/20 and looking back, a few problems with my snap decision...

1) I've never catered an event in my life...not intentionally, anyway.

2) I really shouldn't wear my cape that tight, it decreases the amount of oxygen to my brain. Noted.

Being a girl of my word (regardless of my insecurities about poisoning perfect strangers), I drafted a menu (which Fancy Nancy enthusiastically approved) and got to work.



Here are a few stars of the show...endorsed by sixteen hungry party guests (two lovely hosts and one unlikely caterer)!

~ Southwest Shrimp Skewers - southwest marinated shrimp, skewered with flour tortilla strips and pepper jack cheese squares.

~ Caprese Salad Skewers - cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls and rolled prosciutto with fresh basil leaves.
 
~ Taquito Dippers - Guacamole with taquito halves.
 
~ Spaghetti & Meatball Skewers - Meatballs skewered and wrapped with angel hair pasta, topped with black olives and placed in cups with marinara sauce. (Don't let their charm fool ya, these are pretty labor intensive!)

~ Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake Bites - Various types of cheesecake, sliced into squares, drizzled with white chocolate and topped with Ferrero Rocher chocolate (with a little extra drizzle).

 ~ Vanilla Mouse Cups - Vanilla Mouse in chocolate cups, adored with white and milk chocolate flower. (You can order the cups and various adornments here.)

Looking back, we had a wonderful time...everyone survived (every.single.guest)...and I have a few new yummy favorites for my holiday festivities.

Thank you, Fancy Nancy, for allowing me to be part of your evening (and for all your help and encouragement)! xoxo

 Until next time, when I sprint outside of my comfort zone...CHEERS!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!