Monday, July 13

Sausage, Egg & Cheese Waffles

I love sleep because it's like a time machine to breakfast. A good biscuits and gravy can make me want to literally turn back time and experience the day all over again...even a Monday!
 
This is why I've dedicated the entire week to breakfast treats.
 
Hip, hip, hooray! High five...err, fist bump!
 
Today's little bit of goodness was inspired by the infamous "Egg in a nest". If you know me, you're aware of my aversion to eggs. Even fried, they tend to squish or do the spongy "bounce back" thing in my mouth.
 
Not my favorite sensation first thing in the morning. :-/
 
So I put on my creative cap (mostly to cover my unmanageable bedhead), grabbed my trusty waffle maker, and got to work.
 
This, my friends, will make your day (along with a REALLY tall cup of coffee) and inspire a new appreciation for non-squishy, non-spongy eggs. They are also kid-approved and easy for a family on-the-go.
 
Enjoy!
 
 
Ingredients:
1 slice whole wheat bread
1 medium egg
1 tablespoon breakfast sausage, browned & drained
1 tablespoon cheddar cheese, grated
Salt & pepper to taste
 
 
While waiting for waffle maker to heat, cut circular center out of bread slice. I used the top of a mason jar, they're handy for so many things. Ha! Spray waffle maker generously with non-stick spray. Place bread on iron and crack egg in center. Do not fear, your egg with run.  
 
 
Sprinkle breakfast sausage and cheese over egg. Add salt and pepper if you prefer.
 
 
Top with center of bread slice and close the waffle maker top. Let cook until toast is golden brown. It takes mine about 1-2 minutes.
 
 
It will look something like this golden mess. Yum! Remove from maker and trim excess egg from edges (unless you're extremely fond of eggs...in which case, get after it).
 
 
Eat it whole, on the go...slice in half...or quarter for the kiddos. Most of all, enjoy every bite.
 
One for Little Man...

 
And one for Mom!
 
Happy Monday, friends!
 
(Click here for your handy dandy printable.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!