Thursday, April 23

Cap'n Crunch Chewies

Let me start by saying, I don't think I've had a bowl of Cap'n Crunch in twenty years. With increased age, comes Grape Nuts and Raisin Bran.

However, I recently purchased a few of these at a fundraiser bake sale (I'm a sucker) and after one bite...you guessed it...I went back and bought a few more. It was strictly for blog research, of course. I took one for the team because I knew you would enjoy them too.

So simple and so surprisingly delicious. Crunchy...chewy...goodness!
 

Ingredients:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
6 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal

In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring sugar and syrup to a boil. When sugar is melted, reduce heat to medium.


Add peanut butter and stick of butter, stir until combined. Remove from heat and let cool for 1-2 minutes.


In large mixing bowl, add cereal and pour hot mixture over top. 


Mix...mix...and mix...until cereal is well coated. Yes, it will make a huge mess...but I promise, it's worth it!


Drop tablespoons on parchment paper lined pan. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until solid.


Try not to eat them all...I want one! Or seven!


Enjoy!

I'm off to have a bowl of Lucky Charms, I'll save the fiber for my next birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!