Monday, January 5

Zesty Roast Tacos

We are the home of leftovers, a place where recipes come to be savored...over and over again. Our ability to consume the same thing, three days in a row, is remarkable. Super Hunk is even convinced there are dishes that get better overnight.

He's drop dead serious.

I love him!

Roast is a staple around here. It's also nostalgic for me because my mom used to make it every Sunday of my childhood.

She's the best.

I love her!

While I embrace a good roast repeat, I also enjoy the art of repurposing. Here's a family leftover favorite that's almost as good as the original.

I love them!

I'm confident you will too!


(Makes 4 tacos):
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons onion, chopped
2 cups roast, cooked and chopped
1 can green chiles
1/2 small lime
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
Salt & pepper to taste
1 cup colby jack cheese
4 corn tortillas
Cilantro
Avocado
Salsa (optional) If you need a good recipe, here is mine.

In large pan, over medium heat, melt butter and add onion. Cook until translucent. Add meat and green chiles to pan and stir. Reduce heat to medium low and cook until meat is heated.


Add spices, lime, and stir.


This isn't the prettiest dish I've featured but the taste makes up for it.

Melt butter on skillet over medium heat. Throw on tortillas and top with a sprinkle of cheese. When cheese begins to melt, flip tortilla. Remove when cheese starts to brown (as seen on the right).


Stuff with meat mixture and go crazy with the toppings...chopped cilantro, diced avocado, and don't forget the rest of your cheese (even though I did)...the world is your taco, the possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!