Monday, October 20

Sweet Potato Hash

I want chickens!

Last weekend, I needed chickens! Chickens with eggs!

You heard me correctly, I had an egg-free house. Do you know how hard it is to prepare breakfast for two hungry guys without eggs? French toast...NO! Pancakes...NO! Casserole...NO!  Quiche...NO!

Seriously, a breakfast predicament!

With sweet potatoes coming out of my ears (that's a weird...and potentially painful...visual), Plan B (sans eggs) was born.

After one bite, I forgot about my lack of eggs? When Super Hunk inquired about seconds, I secretly winced...wondering if I could steal thirds.


Ingredients:
3 cups diced sweet potatoes
3 tablespoons salted butter
1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup diced onion
1/2 cups cooked breakfast sausage
1 can diced green chiles
Fresh chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add diced sweet potatoes and stir to coat. Cook for 7-10 minutes until potatoes begin to brown.

So pretty and Fall festive!
Add onion and bell pepper to potatoes and stir. Let cook for 1-2 minutes.


To mixture, add cooked sausage, green chiles, and spices. Stir and remain cooking until potatoes are tender.


When thoroughly cooked, reduce heat to low and add fresh parsley.

Fresh parsley is one advantage to STILL having warm weather, my garden is loving life!
Serve...devour...enjoy!

Excuse me, there's a little boy begging for a taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!