Tuesday, October 14

Hauling food & hugging caterers!

Super Hunk's business recently relocated to a new building. Confident I wouldn't be able to assist in the packing and unpacking (472 boxes of files all look the same to me), I volunteered to cook and eliminate the "calling for takeout" task.

Let me just say...I think I overestimated my skills...and my sanity!

While I've delivered single meals and numerous snacks to Super Hunk's crew in the past, never have I prepared a menu...cooked for 12...and delivered said menu items WHILE HOT...for three days...with a toddler in tow.

I also grossly overestimated my toddler's ability to entertain himself. Here, play with this whisk. Mommy is almost done!

In the end, the food was delicious...the people were happy...Little Man learned to be an excellent Sous Chef (with a bad habit of throwing food on the floor)...and I have a new appreciation for caterers.

I thought I'd share the meals with you (most are part of the S&S family), in case you need a quick "go-to" menu that travels well and makes bellies very happy.

1. Perfect Pork Tenderloin Sliders - Throw it all in the crockpot that morning and by lunch, tada! Pull the pork with a fork and make sliders on dinner rolls. Save juice for dipping. Serve with chips.


2. Flat Apple Pie - These were perfect because this particular pie doesn't require a fork, you can eat it pizza style. Go ahead, I give you permission to play with your food!


3. Barbecue Pork Pizza - A few pizzas make everything better (and once you've had homemade, it's almost physically impossible to dial Pizza Hut. I'm serious, your fingers go on strike)!


4. Homemade cinnamon rolls - Some people are very intimidated by "letting the yeast rise" and rolling out the dough but I use Pioneer Woman's recipe and it's perfect every time. Don't be afraid...if I can do it, you can do it!

5. Nutella Pumpkin Yummies - It's Fall...which means pumpkin...and chocolate...and tight pants...and haaapppyyyyy!


6. Spanish Roast - I haven't shared this recipe on S&S yet but stay tuned, it's a cold weather favorite at our house! I'd tell you the ingredients but I don't want to spoil the surprise (it's worth waiting for)!

7. Chocolate Strawberry Crescents - I left out the chocolate and only used strawberry preserves. Not everyone shares my love (need) of chocolate for breakfast. Sad, sad people!


Last but yummily not least...as of yesterday, I was released from my meal commitment. However, they deserve to be weaned...not abandoned. So I dropped off a "good morning" goodie to keep their tummies in the lifestyle in which they've grown accustomed.

8. Nutella Swirl Bread - it makes every day better and seems like a pretty good grand finale!


I hope these have inspired you to cook and transport. There's nothing better than giving the gift of food!

And next time you use a caterer, hug them for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!