Tuesday, September 9

S'mores Bars

I was recently cleaning out the pantry and came across a half empty bag of mini marshmallows. Am I the only one that can never seem to use an entire bag? (It's like that HUGE bottomless box of flaxseed...it was on sale and I was temporarily insane.)

The quality of the lonely marshmallows were questionable so their fate was sealed. It's too hot outside for a campfire so baking was their last hoorah! Who knew a little decluttering could result in such bliss? 

All I can say is..."you're killing me,s'mores!" 


Ingredients: (Base is the same as the Strawberry Oatmeal Bars)
1 3/4 cups of unsalted butter, room temp
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups quick oats (uncooked)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Mini marshmallows
Milk chocolate chips

1) Mix first six ingredients until well combined.
2) Press half of prepared dough in greased baking dish.
3) Top with layer of mini marshmallows (notice I didn't indicate a measurement because some of you are super marshmallow lovers and who am I to stop you...go crazy!)
4) Top with layer of chocolate chips (ditto, go double chocolate chip crazy!)
5) Press remaining half of dough on top until your lovely layers form.
6) Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes until golden brown and marshmallows are bubbly. Let cool slightly (you still want the gooey deliciousness), cut in squares and serve.

Enjoy...because even the extreme heat can't keep us away from a good s'more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!