Monday, July 7

Banana Nut Bread in Two Easy Steps!

We recently had an abnormally high amount of fruit flies feasting in our kitchen. The weather was beautiful for a few days so the windows were open, letting the uncharacteristically cool July breeze fill our house (along with every fruit fly in North Texas).

To remedy our little pest problem, I set a few traps (stay tuned for my most effective method, I've tried many) and removed their food by placing everything in the fridge (if only that worked for me).

By the next day, we were fruit fly free and all the fruits and veggies emerged from the cold box to ripen in all their glory. Victory!

In the meantime, my bananas had long surpassed their golden days and were screaming for mercy (they were literally giving me the stink eye).

Putting them out of their mushy misery, I tossed them in and baked up the easiest Banana Bread ever!

When I say it's easy, there's two simple steps (hence the lack of step-by-step photos). Five minutes to prepare, four ingredients, and one bowl to wash...that's my kind of recipe!

I hope you enjoy!
Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
4 ripe bananas
2 eggs
1/2 chopped pecans or walnuts

Mash bananas, combine with eggs and cake mix. Once mixed, fold in nuts. Pour in two greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean)! Let cool, slice, and devour!

Super Hunk refers to this as baking...I say it's "mix & stick", mix it all together and stick it in the oven! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!