Thursday, June 5

Feeling guilty!

I'm ashamed...

Dinner was so easy...

I humbly received the praises...

Letting the assumption I slaved over dinner remain...

I feel guilty!

It was one of those days where I looked down this morning, noticing I had two different socks on. I drove 12 miles out of the way to make sure I turned the coffee pot off. I made a to-do list and wrote myself a note as a reminder not to forget my list. Finally, I looked up at 7:30 pm with no plans for dinner.

Eeeeek...

This was my last minute, throw something together, down right delicious dinner.


It doesn't even have a name.

What should I call it? As a new favorite, it must have a name! I don't think "Lick The Plate Sandwich" is the best option.

This is not intended as a recipe, just a simple reminder that sometimes the unplanned is the most scrumptious (even when you're wearing mis-matched socks).

12 grain bread, a little mayo, sprinkle of cheese, and a few sliced tomatoes on broil for about five minutes. I even lined the pan with tin foil so I didn't have to scrub the pan. Shhhhhhhhh!


Mixed an avocado with green chiles, salt, and pepper.


Spread on toast and topped with shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes. Taaaadaaaaaa!

Nine minutes later, my guys were smiling which momentarily distracted me from my guilt.

Hey, what they don't know won't hurt them...right? I like to think it's "Mommy security"!

****************** UPDATE ********************
With some very creative suggestions, the name of this little bit of heaven has been selected (by majority vote). Cue drum roll...

..."SAMTADA"...

Sandwich + Tosatada = SAMTADA!

No matter what you call it, I hope you enjoy!

(Thank you for the laughs, you guys are FUNNY!)

6 comments:

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!