Tuesday, June 17

The Chair Affair Highlights

I've posted a few chair facelift projects I completed for an event I was planning called The Chair Affair. As part of the Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, we wanted a new event where we could thank our members and spend some time networking...the Chair Affair was born.

The main function of a chair is to provide support, just as a Chamber supports local businesses. You can see the correlation.

Considering it was the first year, the evening was a huge success and we ALL had a wonderful time! Here are a few highlights.

With 51 chairs donated, this is how the party planning began...chair madness.

And this beautiful display is how it ended! Not too shabby...the chairs were the stars of the evening.

What would a gala be without red velvet ropes and a door man in a tux?

A few of my fellow Board Members taking a breath before the fun began...they clean up nice!

These two are amazing talents and a few of my favorite boys!

The chair sculptures on the stage were creating quite a buzz. Super Hunk is super handy and he always supports my crazy ideas...for instance, "Honey, will you build two, nine feet chair structures for decorations on the stage?" He just nods and smiles...and ALWAYS brings my visions to life!

Two of my fellow Board compadres...such a fun (and good lookin') group!

We used bid boards on easels for attendees to place bids. It was an excellent alternative to silent auction sheets.

One of our local photographers came and set up a photo booth. I snagged my sweetie for a photo, I think the last one we took was on our wedding day. Just kidding...maybe.

It was a lovely evening with artistic chairs, great food, delicious wine, family, and friends.

Lots of friends!

Wherever you are, whatever your talents, get out there, serve your community, and make a difference. The smallest of gestures can make the greatest impact!

2 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love! You are just brilliant at everything you do, Sister! 5 Stars ***** =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! It looks very enjoyable and you look terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!