Monday, June 23

Lana's Macaroni Salad

This delicious recipe (which might be my new favorite) is from our friend, Lana Hamblin, regular Guest Contributor. Prepare for a party in your tummy!

By Lana Hamblin

Tis' the season for firing up the grill!


In my family we have a staple for all backyard gatherings, macaroni salad.


It's a crowd favorite and it's pasta, which in my book is ALWAYS good. I'm just a carb girl, living in skinny world. Ha! 




Just to warn you, I usually make a double batch because it goes fast. So, here goes...grab your biggest bowl!

Single recipe:

12 oz. package of macaroni noodles
1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
1 large jar of diced pimento (drained)
1 tsp celery seed
1 tsp mustard seed
3 tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion

Cook noodles and place in bowl. In a separate bowl, mix corn, pimento (in the photo below, I substituted for red bell pepper because I had a toddler at the grocery store and bypassed the pimentos), bell pepper, and onion.




Add veggies to the noodles and mix well. 




Add sour cream, vinegar, and mayo. Stir until evenly coated.



Add celery seed, mustard seed, salt, and pepper. Stir well until combined.




Once salad is mixed thoroughly, place in fridge and let chill overnight. (If making the same day, I place it in freezer for about an hour then stir and place in fridge.)

Hope you enjoy this as much as my family does!

Have a blessed day,
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!