Friday, May 9

Farfalle with Bacon & Leeks

Day #5 in our series "A Week of Bacon" and it keeps getting better and better. I was trying to save this recipe for the last day, a glorious encore, but no luck. I'm the kid who opens presents on Christmas Eve, I can't help myself!

This is a Pioneer Woman inspired recipe, with a few Courtney modifications. Hey, she doesn't mind...she encourages individuality (unless it involves butter and she's pretty by-the-book).

This is my absolute favorite recipe! White wine, bacon, and leeks...what could be better? I hope you agree.
Farfalle with Bacon & Leeks
12 ounces, farfalle (cooked)
5 slices of bacon (cooked and drained)
1 whole leek (thinly sliced)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup heavy cream
Parmesan cheese (grated)
Salt & pepper to taste

With bacon cooked and pasta boiled (and drained), thinly slice leeks (using light green and white portion).
Heat oil in large saucepan and add onions. Cook over medium heat until slightly sautéed.
Add chopped bacon to pan and stir (reserve a small amount to sprinkle on top when served).
Add white wine to onion and bacon and let cook for about 5 minutes until wine is cooked down (I give you permission to have a glass while you wait).
Add heavy cream and stir. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.  Add a handful of grated parmesan (more or less, depending on your preference). Let simmer for a few minutes until sauce becomes creamy (not runny).
Add pasta and mix until thoroughly coated.
Serve with sprinkled parmesan on top and crumbled bacon. 

This is my gift to you, I love you that much! Now go, enjoy!

Make sure to stop by the first three days of "A Week of Bacon", swine everywhere will thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!