Wednesday, May 14

Creating a life you can't wait to live!

A few years ago, I had the incredible privilege of attending a Zig Ziglar conference. Actually, it was almost ten years ago! What, where has time gone? I was twenty-seven, immersed in my career, and defined by my title of "Young Professional". I had the tiger by the tail (name that tune) and nothing could stop me!

Full of drive and determination, I enthusiastically skipped down the aisle to my seat. After all, Zig Ziglar was there to motivate me (even though I was already running on high metabolism and large amounts of caffeine).

His wisdom was invaluable to me and truly changed the course of my journey, professionally and personally.

Here are a few of my favorite aha moments.

"You were born to win. But to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win."

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

"Expect the best, prepare for the worst, capitalize on what comes."

"Do more than you are being paid to do and eventually you'll be paid more for what you do."

"The person who climbs the highest is he who helps another up."

At that moment, I realized my perspective on success and failure were grossly distorted. I left with this book in hand, committed to memorize each page and apply it to every area of my life.
Zig was correct and I accomplished my goal of creating a life I couldn't wait to live!

One of life's important milestones, Graduation, is upon us and many young people will be entering the professional world for the first time. I've gifted this book more times than I can count, hoping it will inspire others to create a better than good life. If you need gift ideas for your graduate, this is worth the investment!

I'll leave you with my favorite Zig one-liner, "If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time!" May your life always be better than good!

November 28, 2012 ~ "Zig Ziglar passed from this world today after a short bout with pneumonia. Though his time on earth has ended, he is speaking with Jesus now in his heavenly home. The angels in heaven are rejoicing and his family is celebrating a life well lived." RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!