Thursday, April 24

Fancy Nancy

Today is Thank You Thursday and it only seems appropriate to dedicate it to my Mom! Hey, Mom...you're the cat's pajamas!
This beautiful day of gratitude also happens to be her birthday! Coincidence? I think not. Hey, Mom...thanks for never letting me leave the house looking like a boob...even in my Jellies and mall bangs phase.
There are so many things I can say "Thank You" for but her words of wisdom are what I value the most.  It's slightly annoying how right she always is but it makes me love her even more.
Here are a few of my favorite bits of Mom advice.

1) It's not WHAT you say, it's HOW you say it.
2) No matter how old your children get, you never stop being a Mother.
3) Always keep your heels exfoliated and your toes painted, you never know what the day will bring.
4) When faced with an overwhelming situation, never look at the big picture...take it one step at a time.
5) It's not what you have, it's how you carry it (my bargain mantra)!
6) Hate the sin, love the sinner (she stole this one from Jesus).
7) The older you get the more you realize, quality is always better than quantity.
Finally, my favorite...
8) You always reap what you sow.

People say we inevitably become our Mothers. I say, if that's true, the bar is set pretty high! Happy birthday to the woman who gave me wings and roots! (I love you, Fancy Nancy.)
I'm curious, what are some of your favorite bits of Mom wisdom? Comment below, I'd love to hear them.

5 comments:

  1. "Wear a dress/skirt once a week!" (In addition to Church, of course!) ~Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is advice I'm officially adopting! I love that Martha!

      Delete
  2. I love #3. My mom would tell me to be nice if she thought I was being snarky. Even today if I get a bit snippy I feel her whispering in my ear, "be nice!" I am trying mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew your pedi lovin' self would appreciate it! I think it's sweet your Mom always made you behave! :-)

      Delete
  3. 1.If you get impatient with someone onbthe road picture them as Nana and Pop (my grandparents)
    2. Stand up straight and hold your shoulders back, you don't want to look like The Hunched back of Notre dame.
    3. Don't pop your knuckles, keep you hands pretty.
    4. Music can make you happy in a moment, so when sad or mad, just pop in some good tunes (I get my love of music from her)
    5. Always have at least $10 cash on you.
    6. You'll always be my babydoll (my nickname from her) and when you have your own you'll understand. Of course, now I do.
    7. Cherish the older generation of our family, they have a lotb of wisdom to share.
    8.Last but certainly not least- Leave everything in God's hands, complexities are nothing to him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!