Wednesday, March 26

Raising a boy, from God's perspective!

Super Hunk is one of three boys (his brothers are equally as hunky), bless his sweet Mama's heart! The irony, his two older brothers have all girls...bless their sweet hearts! Lordy, Lordy...when those girls start dating...bless that young man's heart!


When I got pregnant, I knew my chances of having the sixth granddaughter were very high. More like, guaranteed...in the bag...set in stone! I had no doubt frilly dresses and baby dolls were in my future.


Then, as God does, He mixed things up a bit. I'll never forget the day of the gender ultrasound, I was certain there would be a pink shopping spree that afternoon. On my back, probe to my growing belly, the words "It's a boy" took my breath away. "Can you check again" was all I could say. "A boy, it can't be! It's supposed to be a girl! God, what will I do with a boy? I don't know anything about boys!"


You see, God selected us to raise this boy...a future head of household. To mold and shape him into a man of strength and tenderness. Equipping him with all the biblical principles he will need to lead a family, love a wife, and serve a community the way Jesus would.


I embraced the color blue and enthusiastically accepted God's gift, the responsibility of raising this boy became God's calling on my life.


One day, the Mommy of a precious girl, will look to my son for comfort. Knowing he is taking her daughter to continue molding her into the woman God created her to be. My job is to be a good steward of her trust, ensuring my son will be the best chapter in her daughter's life. And I will one day have the daughter I once envisioned...God's blessings are always double double!


This is raising a boy, from God's perspective!

3 comments:

  1. God Bless you both for bringing this little man into this world! I cried like a baby when Courtney told me she was pregnant, pretty sure I screamed first! I can only pray that my future son in law's are raised by a mother like you!
    P.S I said it was going to be a boy before they ever knew they were having a baby, God and I had a long talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an honor! It makes me so proud to watch you raising Little Bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you!